In business, where each item you buy for your company has a more significant scope when it comes to usability and function, you must be more prudent with every purchase. This means doing in-depth research before completing a transaction, which includes reading reviews, especially if you’re planning on acquiring software such as a customer relationship management system or something to help improve your inventory process.
Here are the reasons why reading software reviews are important before you go ahead and buy a product or service:
1. Have All the Facts
Unlike talking to salespeople, customer reviews of specific software are unbiased. You get to read previous customers’ subjective experiences with a product or service and, from that data, obtain an objective idea of how the program or app responds to certain situations. It’s particularly helpful if you find feedback from business owners who are in the same industry as you since they’re the ones who may face similar issues.
Moreover, expert reviews like those from Capterra, GetApp, or Anthony Mancuso Reviews can give you an in-depth look at all aspects of the product or service, especially on the more technical side. Getting the pros and cons of a particular program or app can help you make the best decision for your company.
2. Uncover Hidden Charges or Special Promos
Some brands mislead customers into thinking that the price published on their website encompasses the cost of the entire software. They’re not transparent about other fees that are necessary for a complete experience with their program or app. The customer ends up being surprised as subsequent charges are added during the initial purchase or they are getting billed for membership monthly.
You don’t want your company to end up with a mountain of debt since you weren’t able to account for the extra expenses. With online reviews, you learn the exact amount that previous customers had to pay for the software and include that figure in your budget.
3. Know If the Product Suits Your Needs
There are lots of options available in the market nowadays. Some developers have consolidated the necessary processes into a single program or app, while others have created software for specific functions such as improving communication and collaboration across the teams in your company.
As mentioned above, reading reviews from people in the same industry can help you identify which software works best for the situations that your employees face each day. This way, you won’t end up buying something that doesn’t address the problems that need troubleshooting.
These are a few essential software systems that businesses need:
- Accounting – It’s best for every company to have a dedicated team looking over the finances to ensure that each dollar spent benefits the brand. Using programs and apps can reduce the risk of errors in computing for revenue and other financial specifics, especially with taxes.
- Payment Support – While accounting apps are for internal use, this type of software is used by customers on their end to pay for your goods. The essential features to look for are security and integration.
- Communication and Collaboration – If you allow employees to telecommute, communication and collaboration programs are especially critical for productivity in your company. Cloud-based apps are all the rage these days because they free up disk space in your computers without compromising data security and quality.
- Customer Relationship Management – A CRM system can store and implement all of your company’s strategies, processes, and interactions with consumers to uphold a fruitful relationship with them. This includes appointment setting to document signing.
- Project Management – This type of system should boost the efficiency of your processes like scheduling, collaboration, planning, resource managing, tracking, data analytics, and reporting.
4. Determine the Support You’ll Get
One problem that most businesses face is customer support. Even large corporations find it a challenge to cater to each buyer’s feedback. However, knowing a software company’s status when it comes to follow-through is a vital factor to consider in your buying decision.
You want to be sure that a reliable source guarantees the performance of this digital, intangible merchandise, and that they have measures in place in case the program or app doesn’t live up to expectations. Plus, reviews and online forums form a community that can provide you with additional support before and after you’ve purchased the software.
Always do extensive research before purchasing software for your company. Programs and apps designed to improve productivity and streamline your processes can be a bit expensive. That’s why you should gather the facts first before you go ahead and buy one so there’d be no regrets.