Rode microphones, as the name suggests, are microphones. However, the unique feature about it is that the electronic tools are fashioned in such a way that it can be used for camera recorders. These microphones can also be used for DSLR or other recorders.
It acts as a primary source of audio for any recorders when being used. There are certain specific features attached to these microphones. This blog will discuss about the features of rode microphones so that one can see how appropriate it will be for their purpose.
Features of Rode Microphones
- Automatic Power Shutdown- When not in use or unplugged from the camera or recorder it automatically shuts down. For someone who is constantly on move while shooting a video, these microphones will be best because it saves power by shutting itself down when not being used.
- Built-In Battery Door- A built in battery implies that the battery is not easily replaceable. A microphone is equipped with built-in battery doors so as for the batteries to not get lost when the device faces some technical glitches. However, these microphones come with a built-in battery door. This implies one can easily replace a built-in battery and not worry about battery being lost at the same time.
- Variety of Power Options– These microphones provide two to three power charging options. One could either charge it directly and continuously through a USB. It includes a RODE LB-1, rechargeable battery too.
- Digital Switching is Available- Digital switching ensure that the consumer get high quality audio while recording the video. This saves the time of editing the audio after filming. These microphones contain a filter which reduces the low frequency signals of traffic or air conditioning. It enhances the clarity and preciseness of the audio signals.
These were the basic features which Rode microphones provide to its consumers. Additional incentive like a 10-year warranty is available too. There are even different types of microphones available so that one can choose whichever is the most fitting for their purpose.
Types of Rode Microphones
- Rode Shotguns– These are useful in recording audio if the signals are coming from a single direction and within a certain distance. Its application includes conferences, speeches, and presentations.
- Camera Microphones– While using a DSLR or a mirror less camera, it is impossible to get a clear audio from the camera microphone. Therefore, one can use this microphone which ignores all the other low frequency disturbance and focuses and clarifies the high frequency signals.
- Video Micro– These are usually used for making audio qualities of smartphones clearer. One need not worry about battery or charging when this microphone is concerned. Just must plug it to a switch and switch it on.
- Wireless Microphones- The ultimate benefit of these microphones is that it helps record audio from any comfortable distance. One need not sacrifice a quality audio due to wire length. The wireless collection of these microphones includes the filmmaker kit or the new shooter kit.
- Rode NTG5- It is helpful for film making in different locations. It would be perfect for filming video in harsh and humid weathers. It has a capability to resist cold, humid, dry, and damp weather. It provides more clear and natural sound to the video. Compared to other shotguns microphones these microphones provide an unparalleled sound quality.
There are various other microphones available, like the VideoMic Pro+, VideoMic NTG. These varieties ensure the customers get exactly what they need. Rode Microphones are the best in the audio recorder market. With different battery features, in each microphone one can use the most perfect microphone for their purpose. Therefore, using these microphones is the best and fitting option for an individual.