Welcome to 2018!
As you get older, you realize that each year goes by faster and faster.
That just means you have to push harder and harder to mold your life into what you want it to be.
I have big goals for 2018 (I’ll share them in a moment), but first, I want to give you my commitment for 2018.
My Promise to You
A lot of this will be getting back to my roots. Many things have changed since I started MoneyMiniBlog in 2013, and I’ve gotten away from some things…
- More Content – My goal is to publish an article every day in 2018. I did this for most of the last half of 2017, so it’s definitely doable. I understand that every article doesn’t apply to everyone, so I want to give you plenty of options between my articles and all of the guest authors I have writing for me. Day one, going strong.
- Better Content – I pour myself out into every article I write, but I have had a lot more guest authors writing for me lately. I typically publish one out of every five articles submitted, because I screen them strictly. I am going to be even more strict. I plan to only publish articles that I would want to read in full.
- More Writing – I have written less and less, and now sometimes weeks go by without a single article from me. That was never my intent. I love writing. Since my guides are all finished now (two more will be published soon), I can focus on writing articles again. I’m also working on a book, so maybe that will see the light of day this year.
I’ve always been big on listening to my readers. Please, please, please contact me if you have any ideas for what I should write about going forward.
My Plans for 2018
After doing my year-end review, which I highly recommend, I’ve set some goals for this year. I’m setting quarter goals, also known as the 12-week year, to hit these, but I have them written out as annual goals so I know how to break them down into quarters. I don’t want to share them all with you, but here are a few:
- MoneyMiniBlog – I will publish one article a day, for the entire year.
- God – Stick with daily Bible reading. Take one month for each book, going through the New Testament. Never miss two mornings in a row.
- Travel – Visit Austria, France, Greece, Switzerland (one per quarter). Visit Germany again to see Berlin and some of the Holocaust sites.
- Language – Be conversationally fluent by the end of the year (I’m getting closer).
- Reading – I will read/listen to at least 50 books this year.
I’ve found that systems work better than goals, so these are more like “Habit Goals.” I have a lot of new things going on, and I want to share one of my main focuses outside of MoneyMiniBlog.
My New Blog
There is a lot of productivity advice and financial advice out there about becoming monetarily successful and making as much money as possible.
You guys know that I don’t really care about money that much.
I care more about being successful in every area of life: Spiritual, Marriage, Family, Social, Financial, Health… you get the point. It’s easy to get rich, but it’s tough to do it happily.
That’s why I started my new blog. I have a few articles up. Go check it out and let me know what you think.
What are you working towards in 2018?
Share some goals below if you’re comfortable with that.