Do you want to make your indoors more glamorous? You should consider adding an indoor fountain to your home.
But before you do, let me warn you, it is not an easy project. You may have already guessed that.
You need to take care of several essential factors while installing an indoor fountain in your home to mesmerize your viewers (and potential buyers) with something less ordinary than ever.
The DIY indoor fountain ideas can be creative, but again, it’s tough. It is more than just some constructive and straightforward process or redecorating your home. You need to have a proper understanding of the types of fountains and how you can use them.
Different Ideas You Can Apply For Your Indoor Fountains
When it comes down to the indoor fountains, there are several ideas that you can implement to make your indoors look extraordinary. Whether you want to use DIY projects or you want to hire an interior designer to suggest one the best indoor fountains, the sheer number of options might confuse you.
To ease up your stress, these are 5 of the best indoor fountain ideas…
1. Fountain With Stone
In most cases, stone fountains are found outside in gardens and lawns. However, if you want, you can get a small stone fountain for inside. Stone fountains are versatile in nature and are one of the most prominent choices for indoor fountains. There are several steps that you can follow for your indoor stone fountains:
- First, you need to draft a picture of your fountain.
- Then make the stonemason visualize your plan.
- For making a stone fountain, you will require four to five stone structures or blocks. After that, you will need a long & narrow space that will help the water to travel.
- Now that everything is here, sequentially place the stones to make it look good. Once you have completed that, place the water tap at the most desirable location.
- When the water starts running, you will be able to see the water flowing over the rocks, giving a sense of miniature waterfalls.
2. Fountain With Mosaic
Mosaic fountains have become popular. The popularity of these fountains is so great that you will find most of the offices catering to these kinds of fountains. Mosaic fountains use colorful tile to add versatile designs. And with the sparkling water, it looks like gems are embedded at the bottom of the surface.
Let’s explore the steps that can be used to make mosaic fountains:
- First, you need to collect the tile fragment and chips, and after that, you can place them on the cement slab.
- After drying, the concrete will be healthy, and you just need to fix the mosaic piece.
- Creating a mosaic piece for the fountain is not that tough, but you need to prepare a raw draft of your model before starting the process.
- Concrete is an essential element that helps you to hold the small tile pieces.
- Once you have prepared the chips, you need to put them accordingly on the concrete slabs to create your desired design.
3. Plastic Material Fountain
We all know how versatile plastic is. You can mold and bend it to make anything you desire. Yes, even fountains. The fountain industry is also using it to create innovative fountains. You can use waste plastic bowls, containers, bottles, and usable building materials to prepare the plastic material fountain.
Let’s explore the ways that you can implement to do that more effectively:
- Collect the different plastic elements that you want to use for the fountains. It can be anything. Plastic is one of the most versatile products and can be used everywhere, so do not think about its relevance. Just pick the things you think will work well.
- The only things you will need other than plastic material are fountain machines.
- Assemble the stuff you have collected and then connect them with the fountain motor to see how it is performing.
- Now that the whole mechanism is performing correctly, you can fix that fountain anywhere in your home.
4. Bamboo Fountain
Bamboo is one of the most sacred elements to make a home-based fountain in Japan. The rest of the world has picked up on this tradition. That’s why you’ll see bamboo fountains all over the world.
You can even use it as your tabletop to prepare a fountain of your own in your own house. There are some simple steps that you need to follow to do it successfully:
- First, you need a big bone ceramic or china bowl.
- You need to collect some of the small pieces of green bamboo.
- After that, you need to drill-down your bamboo to place it near the bowl.
- Now you need to install the fountain machine and the pipe.
- To add more innovation, you can add other types of bamboo pieces with different sizes in them.
The bamboo fountain is a very simple step to make your indoor look serene. You can follow the steps mentioned above to create your own indoor bamboo fountain.
5. DIY Indoor Water Fountain
If your mind is creative enough, you can easily make a DIY water fountain that can add value to your home decoration. You can prepare the fountain out of the discarded things around your home. When it comes to DIY things, three are no limitations. Anything can be used to create anything. So don’t limit your creation with specific products, let your creativity do the job.
The following might help your structure your creativity to form something new:
- You need to pick items like plastic, acrylics, and ceramics.
- You can also make use of cement to create the fountain in your home.
- For the fountain, place the water-merged pump to make a watery pathway.
There are several ways to make fountains for your home. We have just mentioned a few of them.
You can choose any of these 5 ways to make a DIY indoor fountain.
About the Author:
Jais Frank is a freelance content writer and enthusiastic blogger. He is the co-founder of contentrally. He contributes to many authority blogs such as rslonline.