When I see a book about making money, I’m tempted to buy it. Every time.
I’m always interested in finding ways to earn extra cash and I like to find new ideas to write about.
I’m even more of a sucker for books about making money from home.
Who doesn’t want to know more ways to earn money sitting in their pajamas, instead of commuting for hours a day?
I’ll be honest, I’ve read some terrible books about working from home. In fact, it seems like most of the books I’ve read about working at home were exactly that…terrible.
I’ve seen tips like “start a business” or “create a website”. Wow, that’s a great idea, except they didn’t explain how to do either one or where to find more information about getting started. It’s way too generic and broad.
Finally, I’ve found a breath of fresh air in a sea of money-making mysteries. In other words, I’ve found a darn good book about earning money from home…
Hayley has been blogging about her journey to debt freedom for well over a year. Her and her husband had been in debt for 14 years, but recently, something amazing happened…
They became debt free! Congratulations, Hayley!
Needless to say, she knows what she is talking about when it comes to paying off debt and making money to do it. She really knows what she’s talking about when it comes to making money from home, since that’s exactly what she does everyday.
And you can do the same. Let her show you how…
Why You Should Buy the Book
There are all kinds of reasons why you need this book.
If you’ve ever considered working from home, full-time or part-time, this book is for you.
I gave this book 5 stars! So, I’ll give you 5 reasons why you should buy this book right now:
- It’s informative. She doesn’t just tell you what, she shows you how.
- It’s short. Even if you aren’t much of a reader, you will finish this book.
- It’s cheap. At $2.99 (for a limited time!), you almost can’t afford not to buy it.
- It’s realistic. These ideas are all things that you can actually do. No fluff in this book.
- It’s fun. Who doesn’t love to read “101 ways” books? Especially about a topic like making money
$2.99? Seriously? Yes. It’s a no brainier.
The price of a latte for a book that could earn you an extra income or even replace your current income…
My Favorite Ways to Make Money
Since there are 101 ways in the book, I think I can share a few of them without revealing too much of the book.
I’m not going to reveal everything though (OK, fine. I’ll reveal one idea). With each idea, Hayley gives a detailed explanation of how to do it, so I won’t steal her thunder, I’ll just simply list my top 5 favorite ideas from the book. You’ll have to read it to learn more about them…
- Blogging. This may seem obvious for me, since I’m writing about this on my blog. Blogging is not just a way to make money online, it’s a way to earn passive income and best of all, it’s really fun. I would blog for free, but if I can make money from it, why not? Hayley also makes money blogging and she goes into more detail in the book.
- Freelance Writing. Getting paid to write is one of the greatest things ever…if you like to write. I love to write, so this is great for me. If you don’t like writing, you’re in luck, because there are 100 more ways to make money in the book. Freelance writing is like blogging without the responsibility of maintaining and promoting a website.
- Website Design. I actually do web design as a side hustle (see). I’ve been doing web design since 2007. I prefer it as a side income, so I have not pursued it full-time, but it can definitely be a full-time job if you want it to be. Hayley goes into detail about where to find work as a web designer and she even explains how to learn web design if you want to do it, but don’t know how.
- Music Instructor. As a musician, this is an easy way for me to make money. Giving lessons out of your home or working out of a local music store is a great way to earn extra cash. But this isn’t just about being a musician. If you’re
tone deafnot musically inclined, find something else that you do well and teach people how to do it.
- Mystery Shopping. My wife and I recently got into mystery shopping and I must say, it’s a blast! Not only is it really fun, but the payout is usually extremely high for the work you do. You could end up with free products and we have earned up to $80/hour. We recently took a trip home to see family and funded the entire thing by mystery shopping along the way. Hayley goes into more detail about how to get started.
Those were my favorite ways to make money. You’ll have to read the book to learn more about doing them yourself, but since you have read this far and you’re interested in the book, I’ll go ahead and give you one of the tips, straight out of the book:
37. Rent a Friend You can earn up to $50 per hour by renting yourself out as a friend through sites like Rent a Friend. This isn’t a dating website and is for strictly platonic purposes! Sometimes, people really do need a guest for special dinners or a wedding and they are prepared to pay for the pleasure of a friend’s company. You can be that friend while being your own boss, setting your own hours and charging your own rates.
Rent a friend? That’s a unique idea for sure and you can expect to find more unique ideas just like that in the book.
Now Go Buy the Book
I think it’s awesome that Hayley is from the UK, yet this book applies to Americans, Candians, Austrailians and anyone who is reading this review right now.
This book is worth the read and it’s definitely worth the price: $2.99.
Overall, I give this book 5 stars, because it’s extremely affordable and it’s packed with great information. It’s a quick read, but all of the ideas are valuable, so it’s also very productive, since it doesn’t require hours of your time to read.