Quite often, the amount of coverage provided by your health insurance plan seems insufficient to cover your and your family’s medical needs. Here comes the role of a super top-up plan into the picture, which can bridge the gap between your needs and your resources. These types of health insurance plans are a cost-effective approach to obtaining financial protection in the event of a medical emergency. Hence, let’s take a look at all you need to know about a super top-up health insurance plan.
What is Super Top-up Health Insurance?
A super top-up health insurance plan is additional coverage to your standard health coverage. It helps you in covering additional medical expenses if your existing insurance coverage gets exhausted due to the claims made up to the sum insured. It might get expensive to add insurance benefits to an existing health insurance policy; this is where the super top-up policy comes to your rescue. The super top-up coverage becomes active for the claims once the deductible has been paid. A super top-up health plan works on the principle of policy deductible. The policy pays for your medical expenses only after you bear a pre-decided deductible amount. With Care Health Insurance Super Top-up policy, you can choose a suitable deductible anywhere between 1 to 10 lakhs, ensuring better flexibility in managing healthcare finances. So, if you are looking forward to boosting your healthcare coverage, it is wise to choose super top-up insurance.
How Does it Work?
The deductible is pre-determined, and you can pay it with your current healthcare insurance plan. What is the mechanism behind this? The solution is straightforward. For example, suppose you had an Rs 8 lakh super-top plan with a Rs 1.5 lakh deductible. Therefore, if you have a hospital bill of Rs 5 lakhs, the deductible will be covered by you and your existing health insurance. The super health insurance top-up plan will cover the rest of the cost up to the insured sum after the Rs 1.5 lakh is paid.
Why Should You Buy a Super Top-up Health Plan?
When weighing the merits of a super health insurance top-up plan for you and your family, consider the following perks in mind:
- You can choose the deductible and the optimum sum insured choice from a wide range of alternatives up to 55 lakhs.
- You can also get cashless treatment at prominent network hospitals around the country with super-top plans. This is especially beneficial when considering the significant sums of money that medical expenses can require.
- Adult-insured members under the super health insurance top-up plan can get a health check-up regardless of their claim history with a top-up health insurance plan.
- In addition, under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of India 1961, the policyholder is eligible for tax benefits.
- There is no sub-limit on ICU charges, doctor’s fees, or other expenses under this coverage, which is a significant benefit for the member. As a result, this is a significant benefit for many people in today’s world.
In conclusion, when purchasing health insurance, whether for yourself, a loved one, or your entire family, it is critical to consider the policy’s long-term value. When you consider the increasing costs of medical treatments and hospitalizations, the best super health insurance top-up plan from insurance companies like Care Health Insurance is capable of fulfilling customers’ expectations. So, delay no more if you have already understood the value of the super top plan.