We are living in a generation where obesity is totally discouraged and hence people are now trying to live as healthy as possible. This has led to a spike in workout sessions. Some people prefer to work out in the gym where there is an instructor while others would rather run or jog on their own or in a group. The advancement in technology has given rise to yet another type of workout, working out at home.
This is preferred by many people as it saves them time and energy they would have spent going to the gym and they can also workout as a family making it fun. Technology has ensured that these machines can easily fit into our homes and one can access workout classes thus no need to head to the gym. One such machine that is making headlines today is the Hydrow Rowing Machine.
The Hydrow Rowing Machine is a sleek and modern rowing machine produced by Peloton, a company widely known for their workout bikes and treadmills and it retails at a price of $2199 depending on which platform you purchase it from and the shipping cost. It also comes with a monthly subscription fee of $38 making it less expensive than the cycling subscriptions and also most gym memberships. The membership comes with something extra on top like yoga workouts and community leaderboard which pushes participants to give it their all and most importantly it also offers live and on-demand workouts.
Hydrow is a rowing machine that measures about 85 inches long and 25 inches in width and gives its users real water rowing experience. It allows its users to stream workouts straight from their living room or wherever they are working out from. The success of the machine is widely based on the fact that it engages 86% of your muscles during workouts unlike cycling which ignores the upper body.
Features of the Hydrow Rowing Machine
- 22 inch HD screen: The machine is packed with a 22 inch screen that enables users to stream their workouts whether they are live or on demand. The screen also comes with 1920 by 1080 full HD resolution that gives the users much clarity during their workouts and is sweat resistant. The screen plays a vital role on one of the most important features of this machine, the journeys. This allows users to row through some of the most beautiful sceneries in the world. It also comes with a front mounted speaker that truly gives that gym vibe and a Bluetooth and Wi-Fi feature.
- Heart rate monitoring: Like all the modern machines nowadays, this too comes with a feature that enables the user to pair it with a heart monitoring unit that ensures that the user does not push beyond their means to minimise injury.
- Electromagnetic resistance mechanism: This ensures that the machine is incredibly quiet because there are no noisy fans. This also ensures that one has smooth strokes as the computer keeps on adjusting the resistance 240 times in a second. This also increases efficiency of the Hydrow machine.
- 25-degree monitor pivot: This feature also allows users to perform non-rowing workouts which differentiates it from other machines out there. It reduces boredom due to doing the same thing over and over again.
- The warranty: The Company offers quite an intensive warranty which includes a 2 year warranty on wear items, the screen and other electronics on the machine.18 months labour warranty as well as a 6 year structural warranty.
- Classes: The feature that allows users to access both live and on demand classes is extremely important as most prefer this nowadays. The classes offered in this category whether strength or stretching classes are said to be of high quality and extremely helpful and given by world class athletes and instructors.
- Soft rubberized feet: These are for the protection of the consumer’s floors. The rubberized feet ensure that one does not scratch their floors during exercise or storage.
Generally, the Hydrow Rowing Machine is a good full body workout alternative for those people who don’t want to go to the gym. Their streaming and sight-seeing services give it an edge in the current market where people want to be guided during workouts as well as enjoy their workouts. Though the size makes it a bit tricky for people living in apartments or those that are short on space as it tends to be a bit bulky. For more, check out techawards website for a complete overview of the machine and some of the reviews.