The whole comprehensive concept of auto proctoring is considered to be one of the best of the ways of discouraging the academic dishonesty without breaking any kind of rules. Approximately 40% of college students have admitted that they were indulged in cheating at the time of their academic records. Hence, going with the option of adopting concepts like automated proctoring, universities and organizations can avail multiple advantages very easily.
This is actually considered to be the best possible way of discouraging both first times as well as repeat offenders. Whenever the organizations utilize the program based on automated proctoring, the credibility will be improved as per the institution’s program. The large numbers of students who participate in distance education are also considered to be growing a lot because of the increasing demand for online examinations. These kinds of students are based upon utilizing several kinds of advantages of the concept of remote proctoring so that unnecessary troubling time can be reduced and there will be no need of scheduling the test and organizing for the testing centers.
With the concept of automated proctoring, the instructors will have the complete opportunity of scheduling the examination into a particular window so that students can take their examination accordingly, per their convenience. Ultimately this concept will remove the time management stress which comes with testing and there will be no need to leave jobs in families to appear into a particular test.
How Automated Proctoring Works
The comprehensive working of automated proctoring has been explained as follows:
The automated proctoring software will always be based upon several kinds of biometrics. For example, facial recognition and retina scanning.
Under this aspect, several kinds of behavioral patterns will be analyzed and the people will learn from them very easily. The photo of the student will always be uploaded on the software that will easily determine if the student is testing correctly or not. These kinds of systems can also record a video of the students, because such examinations are based upon the usage of webcams and microphones. Hence, there will be the complete option of audio as well as a video recording of the whole examination.
Even organizations are very much interested to avoid cheating, which is the main reason they have also introduced several kinds of lockdown browsers which will allow the students to not open multiple windows or copy questions and send them to their friends during the examination.
Normally there are two types of automated proctoring…
- Automated proctoring which is integrated tightly with the help of a software solution that’s specifically for that particular institution or organization.
- Automated proctoring in which everything has been controlled with the help of third-party solutions.
Advantages of Automated Proctoring
There are several advantages of utilizing the automated proctoring concept. Here are several advantages:
- With the implementation of concepts like automated proctoring, the data will always be centrally located into the systems which will make sure that there will be no data discrepancy in the whole process.
- The whole uses in the process will have a better amount of control over the sensitive information, as well as data that is associated with the candidates… the students as well as with the organization.
- These kinds of systems are also capable of analyzing several kinds of trends to make sure tests are easily ongoing. It will further ensure they will have proper access to the advanced level reporting capabilities.
- There will be a higher level of elimination of the need for arranging organization and examination centers, because the examination will be conducted at specific locations. Now the examinations can be conducted from anywhere and at any point of time, which will further make sure there is no need of any kind of physical infrastructure and examinations can be very easily managed even from the home place of the individuals. Hence, the credibility of the whole examination system will be significantly enhanced with the implementation of these kinds of systems.
- There will further be no need of indulging into any kind of physical proctoring, which will further make sure several kinds of logistical activities and recruitment activities of the invigilators will be eliminated from the whole process. The communication in the testing center isn’t required anymore, because everything will be managed from the comfort of home and even remote locations. After all, everything will be controlled with the help of technology along with several other kinds of features like live chat and video calling through which invigilators can monitor the candidates throughout the examination.
- The examination with such systems will be highly simplified, because there will be no need for any kind of infrastructure. Another great advantage is that there is no need of taking into consideration any kind of public holiday, because everything will be based upon only systems and monitoring. It will be done through such systems that make sure people do not even have to leave their rooms to appear in the examination. The whole examination is based upon a very high level of security because images, as well as videos, will be captured in the whole process with the help of webcam that has been attached into the system. These kinds of systems will be keeping proper track of the single movement of the candidates and will be successful in avoiding all kinds of malpractices like cheating and opening the notes in the examination and throughout the process.
Hence, the proctoring solution that provides all the above-mentioned advantages to the people is successful in making sure the credibility of the examination will be significantly increased, which will ultimately add great value to the working style of the organization, because they will be only hiring those people who are honest as well as skillful in their field.
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE! HERE'S WHY:
1. You get 7 free books
2. You get the best money & productivity articles
3. You get the latest updates - all in one email per week