If you are new to the online realm, you may be wondering how anyone can make money from a website. There are thousands of people that earn a living from the websites they own.
1. Make Your Site’s Branding Distinct
With approximately 900,000 domains registered per week, more people now than ever can make a website profitable. The key to profitability is making sure that your site’s branding is distinct. Here are a few ways that your brand can stand out from the others.
- Be original. People want to see something new rather than the same thing that everyone else is doing. Go a step above and beyond the competition to ensure your followers that you are the fresh new face they want to see.
- Be engaged. Know your target audience and make sure you know how to cater to their needs. This means that you should structure your site to suit what your base wants and take an extra step to engage with followers through chat on the site as well as by being responsive on social media.
- Stay consistent. Define your mission clearly and then stick with it. Your followers will appreciate your predictability.
- Share from others. Sharing content that is written or presented by others is a great way to build traffic and increase the revenue on your website. For instance, sharing a written article created by a popular blogger not only pulls in your regular site visitors, but it will also pull in that blogger’s followers.
2. Keep Your Visitor’s Information Safe
Visitors to your website need to feel secure when they visit. Data transmission and storage security are imperative in the modern enterprise and anything less can ruin a website in a matter of minutes. Use wise judgment when placing ads to make sure they are geared towards what your viewers want to see and if you run an e-commerce site, make sure your platform for payments is secure.
If you have forms on your site, your website visitors need to know their information will be safe. This is especially true for site owners that offer subscriptions or memberships, or those that have an e-commerce store on the site. While it is important to offer content that cannot be found elsewhere, it is equally important to make sure the customer data on the site is always secure.
3. Include Relevant Information for Your Audience
A website needs to maintain relevant information that is geared towards the brand you own. For instance, if you own a company that works in asphalt and you want to offer home improvement information for homeowners, you may have an article that mentions facts about how long asphalt will last on a driveway. This would include a statement such as you should get your asphalt striping re-done every five years. Or, for an e-commerce site that sells women’s clothing, you could post a blog section that discusses the latest trends in fashion.
Another key element to making your website profitable is to make sure your brand offers better value for the buck to customers. There may be hundreds of websites that focus on selling business cards, but if one of those companies chooses to offer their cards for half the price that all the other companies charge, then that company will stand out and people will want to shop with them rather than the competition.
There is no magic wand that will instantly increase the money made from a website, but with a little time and a great marketing campaign, your brand will be on the road to a profitable site in no time at all.