You always have the option to get your business checks from your bank’s branch, which could be a secured option but can be a bit expensive. However, you can also order business checks online from a professional check printing company and save some decent money.
You can showcase your company more professionally with the customized check printing services. The only thing of concern is that the business check printing company should be as safe and secured as the security provided by banks.
Critical Factors to Consider When Buying Business Checks
Many threats and scammers these days are looking to make money online and with new techniques. Check frauds are not a new thing for discussion anymore. Business checks have your bank, business, and personal details that make you more exposed to these frauds. Hence, you must make sure that the company provides you with fully secured services that are reliable.
2. Tools to Prevent Counterfeiting and Forgery
Most of the scams today are well-planned and organized. But with check frauds, the favorite scam still is to forge the check itself. The most common method used for this is check-washing. In this, the scammers use chemicals to wash the existing written matter on the business check and then enter newer details. Whereas other scam options include printing duplicate checks using the owner’s information.
What Check Printing Businesses Do to Overcome This?
Integrating some security features into your business checks can make them hard to counterfeit. Some of these features include:
- Use of Chemical Sensitive Papers. Professional check printing companies use papers that are sensitive to chemicals. If a scammer uses any chemical on the check, it changes the color or makes the word void visible on the business check. It indicates that the business check has been forcefully amended and should not be accepted.
- Microprinting Options. Microprinting is usually not noticeable to human eyes but can be spotted by banks while reading the checks presented for payment. It is also hard to duplicate microprinting with a usual printer or scanner.
- Use of Ultraviolet Papers and Holograms. Adding these additional graphical features makes it hard to be duplicated by scammers. It also helps in protecting your checks from checking frauds.
Ensure that the check printing solutions provide the above security features in your business checks. Also, check for the security features of the company website, if they have SSL and other security certificates. It reflects the company’s seriousness towards the cybersecurity features.
3. Available Options for Business Checks
- Manual Checks. These checks need to be filled in manually every time and usually come as a book where every page represents a check.
- Computer Checks. You can type these checks from your system and print them out using check printing software. These checks look neat and give a more professional look.
- Security Checks. Most check printing companies offer standard security features, while some offer extra security features for an extra charge. But extra security on your business checks gives you extra peace of mind when circulating these checks.
- Payroll Checks. These checks have all the features to support your payrolls and tax requirements. These checks usually come as a bound ledger which helps you with your bookkeeping formalities. It also makes the payroll transactions transparent and more organized.
4. Options Available for Customization of Business Checks
Business checks are more formal and give limited customization options when compared to personal printed checks. However, you can still integrate your personal touch on your business checks while maintaining its professional appeal. These options can include the company logo, color schemes, and custom fonts.
Some business checks also include slogans and photos, but you need to follow the guidelines and trademark issues before adding them to the business checks.
5. Read the Reviews of the Check Printing Company Online
If you are still unsure about an online check printing company, you should explore the customer reviews about the company. Usually, the customers who are not satisfied or got cheated write reviews about the company. Explore the public forums thoroughly to read as much as possible about the company and its services. Avoid trusting the customer testimonials on the company website, and they could be misleading and not originally written by the customers.
Professional businesses also provide an easy return policy and money-back guarantee. It enhances the level of confidence in the check printing company. These features secure your purchase if anything goes wrong with your order.
Check for Security Before Buying Customized Business Checks
Buying business checks online is legal and is becoming popular among businesses as a means to save money. Getting business checks from professional check printing companies assures quick delivery of business checks, customized as per your business, and cost-effective.
Check the security features offered by the company before you compare the prices and personalization options. Once you have chosen the check printing company, order your checks and get back to your daily work routines. The check printing company will get them printed and deliver them to you in no time.