One of the most promising sectors in the entertainment industry nowadays is esports. It includes a variety of potential business ideas such as internet and cyber cafes, gaming centers, cyber arenas, and more. However, starting a cyber cafe is not an easy task. There are many things to be taken into account such as providing a suitable gaming space, creating a special setup, and buying professional Internet cafe management software. To have at least an overall description of the internet cafe business, it is better to look at some benefits and disadvantages of starting such a company.
The idea to start an Internet cafe business is definitely popular right now and there are some good reasons for such popularity. Here are some of the advantages of starting such type of business:
- Relatively small starting budget – it is quite easy to set up an Internet cafe as all you need is space, a few computers or consoles and a special Internet cafe software like SENET. With this software you will be able to control all client devices, monitor the time that clients spend on games, collect payments, restrict certain websites and features, shut down computers remotely, etc;
- Compatibility with other businesses – when developing a business plan for your Internet café, you cannot dismiss the possibility of adding other features later on. While the primary role of such spaces is gaming, with all this software you can also offer printing and scanning services. This is a profitable service as people need to print documents or photos every day;
- Little competition – cyber cafes were popular about two decades ago until everyone got a PC or a console at home. Right now a new wave of popularity is only starting as gamers begin coming together once again to play as a team and have a better bonding rather than play online from their own homes.
Of course, it cannot be all perfect, so let us look at some disadvantages of running a cyber arena business:
- A lot of time is required – operating a business, especially an Internet cafe, requires constant attention from the owner. Players will need assistance 24/7 and all kinds of unforeseeable events might happen;
- Constant technical support – with any type of equipment it is necessary to perform regular maintenances. But such technology as PCs, laptops and gaming consoles require frequent updates and even replacement, as this kind of devices become outdated really fast. If you want your gaming space to be successful, you will need to deliver the latest games with demanding requirements and only the best computers will be suitable.
These are just some possible disadvantages, but any business requires time and money investments to be profitable. The gaming industry can be incredibly rewarding if you do it right. Investing in highly technological equipment, convenient management software like SENET, comfortable gaming space, etc will definitely pay off. Another benefit of gaming businesses is it takes only one year on average to start bringing profit. This allows increasing your income quickly and starting to expand after just twelve or so months.