Are you planning to launch an online business and do not know where to start? Or are you already engaged in ecommerce, and some customers are defrauding you? Running an online store is not easy.
However, there are ways to make your job easier, like installing task manager software to manage your tasks and hiring the services of a payment facilitator to handle payments.
The ecommerce sector is a booming industry, as online shopping continues to attract customers around the world. Based on Statista data, ecommerce sales accounted for 14.1% of the total global retail sales in 2019. According to experts, online sales will account for 17.5% of the total retail sales worldwide by 2021.
Practical Tips and Tricks in Online Business Management
When you are in your early days as an online seller, you may not have encountered payment and other issues as you only have a few buyers. However, as your business grows, you may experience these problems that will hinder your progress and even cost you lots of money. Below are some suggestions on how to effectively manage your online store:
- Get a good internet connection – High internet speed is essential for online businesses. If you have a poor connection, you will not be able to act on urgent orders promptly. You will also fail to answer customers’ queries quickly.
- Optimize your web assets – Organize and link together all your online assets like your hosting account, website, and social media profiles.
- Secure your customers’ records – Ensure the security of all customers’ files like personal information and credit card data. You may face lawsuits from your clients in case of a data breach.
- Maintain your online reputation – ‘Trust’ and ‘reputation’ are essential words in ecommerce. Even the smallest mistake can tarnish your brand forever. Learn how to resolve customer complaints and prioritize how to appease them, whether they are right or not.
- Ensure that you are up-to-date with the latest trends – Make sure you are updated with the most recent trends to get ahead in online branding and marketing.
- Know your competition – Learn about your rivals to compete against them. Know things like their pricing strategy and social media channels.
- Hire the services of a payment facilitator – Protect your revenue by hiring reputable payment facilitators. They can also help you in areas like fraud and checkout abandonment prevention.
Advantages of Hiring a Payment Facilitator
The ecommerce industry is prone to scams and other fraudulent schemes. Industry experts like payment processors help protect your business against fraud. Here are other benefits of hiring a facilitator:
- You can start receiving payments in a few minutes after your account is approved.
- Your facilitator will handle the majority of your compliance requirements like tax reporting, Know-Your-Customer (KYC), and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
- There will be a great deal of reduction in the financial risks in your business as you will get a sub-merchant designation.
- Your business gets protection against fraudulent activities. The facilitator will be responsible for establishing strategies and controls to identify and prevent fraud, as well as performing high-risk financial transactions.
An online business can provide you lots of money if you manage it well. You can grow your store through persistence, dedication, the right strategy, and hiring the right partners.
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE! HERE'S WHY:
1. You get 7 free books
2. You get the best money & productivity articles
3. You get the latest updates - all in one email per week