Modern email marketing gets more and more attention from users all over the world. Lots of businesses try to implement their sales ideas through the prism of a cold mailing. Nowadays it is the most effective way of achieving your audience in a written way. However, this process might seem really difficult because of the numerous information and tools you have to adopt. Well, fortunately, we will prove to you that it can be the opposite if you know some main aspects, their pitfalls, and details of functioning email tools.
In the process of running this process, senders might face a variety of difficulties. One of them is a decline of the open rate indicator. If you launch your email marketing campaign, you have to pay attention to this index because thanks to it you can define the success of your campaign. It should include both the number of openings, clicking, and even good replies. Monitoring and keeping the engagement rate at a high level is the pledge of winning an email campaign.
In this article, you will find out useful information about not only how to make your engagement rate winning, but also how to support it in a high state. Are you ready? Let’s explore this topic together!
The Nature of the Term “Engagement Rate”
At the beginning of your experience of running an email marketing campaign, you have to master a lot of definitions. One of them is inbox placement which is clarified as a rate founded on deliverability. It is usually used to define several email messages that achieved a target audience and weren`t placed into a spam folder. The success of mailing shows the email engagement rate that defines this inbox placement. Considering it, we can state that the higher your engagement rate is, the greater number of your messages will be sent directly to the recipient`s inboxes rather than a spam folder.
Besides, the engagement rate demonstrates your behavior as a sender. That’s why, such email providers as Email or Outlook determine email marketers with a high level of audience involvement and their credibility and as a result, their email work can be continued and even protected. While senders, who have low engagement levels, might be accepted as dangerous and with low credibility, and email providers will cooperate with them in a not satisfying way.
That is why caring about this rate is really important. What should you pay attention to in order to get a higher engagement rate?
- Openings show how many people not only open your emails but also read them.
- Clicking demonstrates whether your audience interacts with your messages and clicks buttons and links there.
- Responding indicates a number of people that directly interact with your messages and response to them.
- Forwarding is proof of a situation when your emails are forwarded to other people within a company as a good example of a successful campaign.
- Duration of time during reading the messages is quite important. The longer receivers will read a message, the more successful delivering it will be.
- Getting your email into spam folders should be omitted because it affects your sender`s reputation and email deliverability itself. Here an email spam check can help you avoid spam problems and will protect you from being blacklisted.
So, these are the most important points not paying attention to which will be a huge mistake for your engagement rate.
Calculate Satisfied Email Engagement Rate with Folderly
In previous paragraphs, we have mentioned factors that impact your engagement score and email deliverability. You have probably asked yourself – what does it mean good engagement rate and how to calculate it?
In order to assess this rate, you have to be acquainted with three definitions. Firstly, an open rate is defined as the number of times when your messages were opened by receivers. Secondly, click rate is the number of times when your receivers click on buttons and links in the email. Thirdly, receivers or recipients are defined as the number of people who are in your email sending list.
Now you know all definitions for calculating your engagement rate. Let’s suppose that you delivered emails to 1000 people. When you start analyzing, you figured out that only 420 receivers interacted with your emails by clicking on the link in the messages. Then about 150 recipients that were included in those 420 clicked on the attacked links in the emails. If we put these numbers in an equation, we will get the following:
Open score: 420/1000 x 100 = 42%
Click score: 150/420 x 100 = 35%
Of course, every percentage of engagement score is tolerable depending on not only the industry you are working in but also its open rate criteria. Besides, a good engagement rate is closely connected with an absence of spam and domain troubles in your cold emailing. To avoid them a spam email checker – Folderly will not only help you fix spam and domain problems, but also it will give you individual recommendations on improving the email deliverability. By the way, Folderly is a product of B2B lead generation company – Belkins. Just send them a request and they will provide you a detailed spam test that is quite essential for running a successful email marketing campaign.
What Should I Do with a Low Email Engagement Rate?
As you understand, having a low engagement rate in email marketing means that receivers don`t engage with your messages. The reasons for it can be various. Let’s explore them more in the details:
- Troubles with domain name system (DNS). Errors and not getting to recipients` inboxes might happen because of problems with your domain health. Before starting an email campaign, be sure that your domain is ready for being represented in front of email providers systems and recipients` servers. Try Folderly`s email deliverability test and find out which errors tour DNS face.
- Check your sending list. There are a lot of situations when among active contacts there are some non-existent, inactive, or even dangerous addresses sending emails to which can lower your engagement score. Test your email delivery with Folderly and you will get a detailed report with your contact lists. After that, you can easily get rid of unwelcome contacts that hurt your email marketing campaign.
- Continuous warming up of your domain. Such email providers as Gmail always appreciate stable and consistent senders. In this case, you have to be careful, your email marketing should follow the rule of slow and steady temp. Besides, here you can add some engagement bonuses for your audience. For example, offering consultation for free, creating polls or quizzes for your target audience will also increase involvement scores.
How to Warm Up Inboxes
We mentioned before that periodic, continual, and stable activity in email marketing is the pledge of its success and good engagement rate. Starting to send thousands of messages from a new mailbox can cause a lot of problems in a campaign and be accepted by email providers as suspicious or spam senders. In order to avoid it, we would like to share with you a guide that helps you understand how to warm up your inboxes carefully:
- Divide your audience into segments. When you segment your target audience, take into account age, social groups, countries, languages, and others. The segmentation will give you not only detailed information about behavior patterns, but also you will know which message template works the best and which should be improved.
- Take care of the frequency of sending emails. It is not necessary to send emails every day to gain trust of service providers. Just pick some days and times when you can send emails systematically. Do to forget about the summer seasons, at this time you have to send an email too.
- Start with a small number of emails. When you start launching an email campaign, you usually have a new mailbox that is now well-known among email platforms. That is why that most clever decision will be to start cold emailing with a small number of messages to protect you from being blocked and spammed. Besides, in the beginning, we advise you to send them to long-familiar addresses by informing your recipients that you are a credible and trustworthy sender.
- Continue launching email deliverability tests during the campaign. It will give you not only a general picture of mailing delivery, but also you will see how engaged your audience is.
So, now you have become an expert in warming up your inboxes. Please, note, that doing these processes is key for raising your engagement score and improving email deliverability.
Additional Secrets of Keeping Your Email Engagement Rates at the High Level
As with any marketing process, keeping your email engagement rates takes lots of energy, resources, and time to become a leader in B2B email sales. Also, you have to keep in mind a number of processes and measures you have to implement in order to give your campaign only development and flourishment.
Firstly, you have to be careful with the recipients’ complaints. Show your value and respect to them. If they don’t want to be a part of your campaign – let them go out, otherwise, you might be blocked or spammed. Secondly, be regular in engagement with your audience and with messages you receive. Thirdly, being a trustworthy and credible sender doesn’t mean that you can be blacklisted. Monitor repeatedly blacklists with the use of innovative Folderly email delivery test. It will provide you not only a detailed report of your blacklists, but also it defines the reasons why you are blacklisted and ways of solving this problem.
Finally, for a successful email marketing campaign, you have to consider lots of factors that are connected with technical and people’s criteria. If you want to enrich your email campaign, follow the rules we mentioned, and don`t forget to add creativity. Besides, use such innovative tools as Folderly email spam checker that gives your email deliverability a chance for boosting sales and raising engagement score! Try email spam checker tool free for up to 7-days!