Anytime that you are behind the wheel it is vital that you are insured.

Accidents can occur at any time and even the safest driver could get into a collision.

Often, it is times like business trips where people do not think about insurance because they are driving a different automobile to what they drive normally.

However, you need to protect yourself in these situations which is why you need to look at temporary cover.

Overseas Travel

If you are driving a different car on a business trip you need to get insurance.

Driving a different car in a different country can be dangerous and especially if the country has different driving laws and/or etiquette.

You could also be more at risk when driving overseas as you may not know where you are going which could lead to an accident.

Short-Term Cover

It is for these reasons that you need to obtain insurance to drive that automobile well in advance of the trip. It does not make sense to get a regular insurance policy if you will only be driving the car in the short term, but fortunately it is possible to get short term cover.

This is through insurers like Dayinsure, where you can get cover for a car, van or motorhome from 1 day through to 1 month.

This is a cheap and easy way to get protected whilst also still ensuring that you are sufficiently covered.

Business Travel

Many people believe that an annual insurance policy will cover your own vehicle for a business trip, but this is often not the case. Usually, an annual insurance policy will only cover you during a commute to and from the place of work.

This means that if you are travelling to a conference, a different branch or even driving to meet a client, you will need to obtain temporary insurance for business use.

This type of insurance is also helpful if your business car or van is in the garage for repairs.

To obtain this type of insurance, you typically need to provide your name, address, date of birth, contact details and your occupation. You will also need the automobile’s registration number and a passport number if you are a non-UK license holder.

If you are using a company vehicle or your own car for a business trip, it is vital that you arrange insurance or double check so that you are protected in the case of an accident.