Would you like to be able to access all of your finances from one spot?
Your bank accounts, investments, mortgage, bills…everything.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could get that for free?
Yes. Yes it would. Now you can.
Let’s see what Mint.com can do for you…
What is Mint.com?
Mint is a great website that can help you control you money.
You link all of your accounts to your Mint account, then you can see everything in one spot.
It’s like having an entire financial dashboard for your finances all together on one page.
Using the budget feature on Mint basically allows you set up an automatic budget. You may need to make a few tweaks, but once it is set, it really takes all of the work out of budgeting.
Watch this video and then we will move on:
These are the tabs you will see once you sign-up:
- Transactions – Each transaction from all of your bank accounts. Mint will automatically select a budget category for each purchase, which can be manually changed.
- Budgets – You can set a budget for each category or Mint will automatically assign a certain amount based on your spending habits.
- Goals – You input your goals. Saving, investing, etc. Mint will show your progress and keep you on track.
- Trends – Your spending trends. This will show you where your money tends to go. It may surprise you.
- Investments – Investment performance and other information regarding your investments. This is a handy tool.
- Ways to Save – Mint simply provides offers for ways to save money. This is one of the ways that Mint earns money since they are a free program. You don’t even have to click this tab, but if you do, there are some good offers.
How Secure is Mint.com?
Highly secure. In fact, Mint is just as secure as online banking.
“Mint uses the same 128-bit encryption and physical security that banks use. Our practices are monitored and verified by TRUSTe and VeriSign, and supported by RSA Security.”
There is no question. Mint is very secure. But to make you feel even better about it…
Mint is a read-only service that allows you to organize and analyze your finances, but you can’t make changes to accounts or move money around.
Mint also informs you of suspicious activity on your accounts through email and text alerts.
I have been using Mint for a while. I love their service and I am not even getting paid to do this review. I don’t have an affiliate partnership with Mint, I just thought you should know what they are all about.
Did you really need to read an entire review to try a free service? Maybe not, but now you have a better idea about exactly what you’re getting.
Mint provides all of these services and more. They even notify you with bill payment reminders (if you turn them on) and they provide you with a weekly summary of your finances.
You are really getting a lot for free. Try it out.