Popular Articles

Goals Vs. Habits

Do you have goals? Like real, written, actionable goals? Most people don't. But I'm sure you do. Because you want to get the most out of your life. But what if I told you that goals aren't as important as every self-help book says they are? What if I told you that habits are the foundation to success? Goals and habits actually work together, but goals are nothing without habits.

3 Apps That Are Taking My Productivity to the Next Level

I don't like to have a hundred different apps on my phone. The more I have, the less benefit I get from the ones I do have. For me, the 80/20 rule definitely applies to the apps I use on a daily basis. I'm using [actually less than] 20% of my apps for 80% of my productivity. And here they are.

How Benjamin Franklin’s 13 Virtues Can Make You More Productive

Benjamin Franklin was widely known for his practices and habits...specifically: his virtues. He was a lifehacker before it was cool. He believed in living a fulfilling and productive life, which is what brought him to these 13 virtues. I'll go over each one and show you how to apply them to your life to increase your productivity.

How to Change Every Part of Your Life With Tiny Habits

I've always promoted the idea of starting small when creating new habits. We all know that we can't start a new workout routine by running 10 miles a day. That's obvious. But even if you aren't starting that big, you may be starting too big. It's usually not starting way too big that messes us up, it starting just a little bigger than we should have. Just big enough to stop the habit after a few days, weeks or months. This is where tiny habits come in. Bj Fogg, PhD, has started a habit revolution with tiny habits. And people are accomplishing amazing things by implementing them. I'm going to show you how they work and how you can start implementing tiny habits today. Right now, actually...

8 Sinking Funds You Need To Start Today

Have you ever felt that sinking feeling when you find out you need to spend money on a home or car repair that you weren’t prepared for? You knew it was coming; hindsight is always 20/20, and you end up beating yourself up for not planning it out sooner. If you don’t have an emergency fund in place, that sinking feeling is all too familiar. Financial experts say you need an emergency fund worth 3-8 months of living expenses (to cover you during a layoff or career change). Other experts say having at least $1000 on hand for real emergencies is the minimum you should have on hand for life’s surprises. There is a way to prevent that sinking feeling next time you get hit with life’s unexpected/expected expense events (say that 5 times fast).

11 Habits That Will Give You A Complete and Successful Life

I love to study successful people and I don’t just mean the financially successful. I’m talking about the people who are successful in their internal and external world. These are the people who live with inner-peace and outer-joy and fulfilment. I've learned that success leaves clues. As long as you're following the path of those who have achieved what you're after, you will start picking up what it took them to get to where they are. In this post, you will learn 11 different habits that I've learned and observed from people make the most out of life and the best part; you can model these habits into your life and live a more complete and successful life.

Understanding Consumerism: How to Save Money in a World of Spending

Consumerism has turned into an addiction. As a society, we are addicted to consumption. We consume products, food, things...at an alarming rate. I'm starting this "Understanding Series" with consumerism for a reason. I'm going to go in-depth with every area of your finances throughout this series, but it all starts right here. If you don't understand consumerism and how to get out of the trap, you will lack in every other area of your finances. Here it is: how to set yourself apart from the average consumer. How to be a savvy consumer...

How to Learn From Everything and Everyone

Have you ever heard the saying "you either win or you learn?" Or the popular "you have to fail forward"? I'm sure you understand the idea of using situations, good and bad, as learning experiences, but that's easier said than done, right? It's easy to talk about learning in every situation, but when you're upset, angry or disappointed, it doesn't seem so easy. It starts with your perspective. Here's how to learn from everything and everyone...

How to Start Meditating

Meditation has been around for centuries, and yet, it can still be a controversial topic. Most of the people who recommend meditating start by saying something like "I know you think this is some sort of eastern ritual" or "you might think you have to be Buddhist to meditate". I admit, it does carry that connotation, or at least it used to. I'll spare you. I'm going to assume you're wanting to implement meditation as a self-improvement tactic, or as a way to clear your mind and increase your focus. That being said, here's a guide to meditation for the average person who wants more clarity and a clear mind...

Budgeting in Real Life: What it Actually Looks Like

Budgeting is weird, because almost every financial guru recommends doing it, and almost everyone who tries to do it struggles with it. The truth is, there are a lot of things left unsaid when it comes to budgeting. There's a reason it doesn't work...or doesn't seem to work. I'm going to explain how to actually budget effectively and cover some unanswered questions.

How to Get Your Finances in Order in 1 Hour

This is going to be extremely straight-forward. I'm going to give you each step to get your finances in order. At the end of one hour, you're going to have a complete overview of your financial situation and be setting goals.

The Power (and the Myths) of Written Goals

If you've read some books on goal setting, you've probably read that only 3% of the population have written goals. That statistic is often followed by something like "it doesn't matter if this is true or not, the point is very few people write down their goals." There is a need for that justification. This "3%" comes from a study at Yale University in 1953. The story goes, a Yale University class set goals. 3% of the class wrote them down, while the other 97% didn't. Twenty years later, the researchers checked in on the classmates to find that the 3% with written goals had more wealth than the other 97% combined. What an interesting study...the only issue is that it never actually happened.

“It’s Just Money” – How to Implement the 10 Year Rule

Money isn't what really matters. Sure, you need money to accomplish some of your goals or to make your life better...or at least you think you do. We all think we need more money, more stuff. But money is just money. Stuff is just stuff. We all know material items aren't what's really important. That's easy to say, but how do you actually live it out? It's hard to say "it's just money" when your only car breaks down and you have to spend $2,000 on a new transmission. It's hard to say "it's just money" when you might not have quite enough for the rent this month. Likewise, it's hard to say "it's just stuff" when something valuable is stolen or when something you just bought gets messed up. As I was preparing this article, an interesting thing happened that really challenged me on this...

The Case for Cash Vs. The Case for Credit Cards

Cash or credit? What do you use? I'm a fan of Dave Ramsey, but I don't think everyone has to be stuck using only cash. I'm a fan of credit card rewards, but I don't think everyone is responsible enough to use them. So how do you really decide whether to purely use cash or whether to get some credit card rewards? Here's how you can decide for yourself...

3 Simple Practices to Keep Email From Stealing Your Time

Email can steal more time than almost anything else. When you're going through email, you're on someone else's agenda. You're responding to their needs. Sure, you wouldn't be doing it if you didn't get something out of it, but most of the emails you send are answers to other people's questions, and responses to their needs. Even if you're sending a decline, that still takes time. I've written about email hacks before. I shared some important tips, so let's do a quick summary and then get into three more tips that I've developed to stay in control of my inbox...
Page 2 of 1012345...10...Last »
Free Books

Get Four Free Books!

Subscribe today and get my two books + two more!

Here's what you get:

1. Financial Freedom on a Full Schedule

2. The Complete Guide to Your Most Productive Morning Ever

3. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

4. The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles

You'll also get email updates once per week and monthly insider deals and secret money tips.  If I find something awesome, you'll be the first to know.

 

Thank You! Look for your confirmation email!