Warren Buffett is constantly in competition for the richest person in the world #1 spot.
And he is self made. That’s probably my favorite thing about him. He made his money through investing just like almost everyone else.
The difference is that he is really good at it. Which is why Berkshire Hathaway usually maintains about a 19% annual return. If you don’t own any shares, you should consider it, but you’ll probably want to go for their BRK-B stock since BRK-A trades for well over $200,000/share.
Before we check out the 10 lessons in the graphic, there are a few things that stand out…
The [Info] in the [Graphic]
I loved this graphic, because Buffett can teach us so much about investing, but I want to point out a few things:
- The graphic refers to Buffett’s dwelling as an apartment – it’s definitely a house…not a 5 bedroom apartment.
- Buffett spends 18 hours a day working on investment capital. That doesn’t surprise me due to his love for money, but 18 hours? That’s a little much in my opinion.
- In reference to the question on point #3, it’s sad that 1 out of 3 people don’t understand how compound interest works. If they did, we may have more people investing.
- I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to invest in companies, not stocks. Don’t worry about the price of the stock, worry about the value of the company. Of course that’s mentioned here because that’s how Buffett rolls.
- I love Buffett’s view on not worrying about news headlines. That’s some of the best advice you will ever hear.
I’ll stop rambling and let you enjoy the graphic..